As the Application Architect you will be part of the Engineering team to be designing, defining, planning, and deploying the AWS cloud system.
- Interface with multiple business units to help build our cloud and ensure consistent adoption of the technology
- Be working in a highly Agile environment with a large team of cloud specialists
- Be challenged and expected to act as a change engineer in a built environment using DevOps tools
- Work across multiple, global teams and participate as a collaborative partner,
- Be involved in the build of our new AWS cloud services that span IaaS and PaaS
Application Re-Engineering, Cloud Engineering, Architecture Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and maintain AWS cloud architectures for all infrastructure technologies
- Support the development of complex enterprise architectures for AWS computing architecture, architecture reviews, and selection efforts.
- Use technical expertise and knowledge of architecture to benchmark with third party organizations to discipline overall Cloud strategy.
- Participate and assist managers in setting the long term direction, roadmaps, and standards for technical architecture.
- Continue to expand knowledge of industry trends, applying that knowledge by evaluating fit to the organisation
- Utilize expert architecture knowledge, may play a role in negotiations with strategy vendors and parties
- Ensure strategic vendor engagement to incorporate vendor’s roadmaps architecture
- Proactively appraise and modify current architecture to identify deficiencies and research alternatives
Managing stakeholders and business units requirements:
- Regularly interfaces and influences directly with senior Global Infrastructure leaders, other senior architects to understand and evaluate business requirements.
- Provide strategic direction in the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the organisation especially in the area of Cloud computing, Cloud Hosting options, automation and virtualization solutions
- Knowledge of Python, Ruby or Golang (or Similar)
- Experienced with DevOps tools tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, JSON, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.
- Experienced with AWS cloud architecture, migration, deployment and set up
- Experienced in other cloud technologies (e.g. Azure, Google Cloud, opensource or hybrids)
- Experienced working in an Agile environment
- Business fluency in English.